What is Taste of the Past?

Taste of the Past is where I share my love of traditional cookery. Recipes from the days before TV dinners and microwaves right down the ages to the earliest cook books that I can get my hands on. I hope you enjoy my experiments as much as I do. Please share your own ideas, efforts and feedback in the comments.

Friday 18 November 2016

Quick pizza ideas

Stottie pizza


Stotties are wonderful bread rolls and loaves (depending on the size) found in North East England.  They are dense and chewy and have a shelf life of less than a day.  Once they are a bit elderly though they make great pizza bases.

Cut stottie in half.
Spread with your favourite pizza toppings, 
Grill and eat.


Pizza topping idea.

This recipe is really easy

1 to 2 tablespoons each of red pesto, tomato puree and olive oil.  Mix well and use on the pizza, stottie, french bread roll etc.   

This would also be a good way to make red pesto go a bit further if you don't quite have enough to make it go around your pasta.

I have also fried up a chopped leak and some red peppers to add to this pizza.





No comments:

Post a Comment