What is Taste of the Past?

Taste of the Past is where I share my love of traditional cookery. Recipes from the days before TV dinners and microwaves right down the ages to the earliest cook books that I can get my hands on. I hope you enjoy my experiments as much as I do. Please share your own ideas, efforts and feedback in the comments.

Thursday 12 September 2013

Life at the moment is full of Victorian jam tarts, (they were creative with preserves, I will give them that) and sour dough bread.  With a sour dough course less than a month away now I am madly preparing lots of pots of bubbling, smelly, fermented wheat and rye creations.  I need enough for everyone to take home, eno9ugh for everyone to cook with and enough different recipes to make the course interesting.  Unfortunately, what I don't have at the moment is a working camera.  I am the first to admit that sour dough does not make a very interesting picture but the jam tarts look quite decorative.

No comments:

Post a Comment