What is Taste of the Past?

Taste of the Past is where I share my love of traditional cookery. Recipes from the days before TV dinners and microwaves right down the ages to the earliest cook books that I can get my hands on. I hope you enjoy my experiments as much as I do. Please share your own ideas, efforts and feedback in the comments.

Monday 16 January 2017

Coconut and Cherry Chewy Bites


These little treats are chewy, sweet and easy to make.  They are also made without flour so are gluten free.



Ingredients

2 eggs, well beaten
4 oz desiccated coconut
4 oz caster sugar
4 oz glace cherries, chopped small

Method

Chop the cherries, beat the eggs and mix all 4 ingredients together.
Oil a baking sheet
Use two large teaspoons to make neat dollops of mixture on the tray.  This mix is wet and sticky but does hold its shape well when baked.
Bake at 180 degrees C of 15 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before moving onto a cooling rack.  This gives them time to firm up a little, if moved while hot they are more likely to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment